With summer weather comes new summer products! My skin this time of year is combination/oily. To balance my skin, I’ve tried some new products! I’m so obsessed with my favorites that I just had to share them!
I also sometimes suffer from hormonal breakouts, so I’m very careful with what I use. I try to stay away from artificial preservatives, fragrances, dyes, and any other irritating ingredients. I tend to gravitate toward natural and organic products that are paraben free, synthetic fragrance free, and contain beneficial ingredients such as green tea, vitamin C, glycolic acid, aloe vera and hyaluronic acid.
My current skincare goals are breakout prevention, age prevention, and oil control. With these products I’ve noticed a more even skin tone, oil control, and smaller pores. I hope that if you try any of them, you will love them as much I do! In this post I’ll share my favorites, part 1.
- Alba Botanica, Hawaiian eye gel (~$10, Amazon or drugstores)
- Refreshing, soothing, hydrating
- Tip: store it in the fridge!
- Contains green tea
- Soothing and applies clear
- Arcona Brightening Drops ($44, Dermstore.com)
- Helps with hyperpigmentation; Improves tone and texture
- Prevent breakouts!
- Features kojic acid and Vitamin C
- Use it about 2x per week
- Alaffia Skin Recovery Facial Toner ($15, Amazon)
- Contains Neem and Shea
- Hydrating and fights blemishes
- Great nighttime toner
- Great for oily/acne-prone skin and dry skin
- Derma e, Anti-Wrinkle Vitamin A Glycolic Scrub ($11, Ulta)
- Anti-aging ingredients: Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and glycolic acid.
- For normal – oily skin types
- Gentle enough for my sensitive skin
- Dermalogica Clearing Mattifier ($20.50, Amazon)
- Oil control
- Helps with breakouts
- Skin feels smoother and looks more even after application
- Great alone or as a make-up primer
That’s the first five. I’ll share my favorites, part 2 in my next post! Have you tried any of these products? If so, let me know what you love about them! What are your summer skin product favorites?
-:- Love your skin, love your life -:-